Sales Demonstration Training Workshops
Want to make your demos a secret weapon that wows prospects and wins more sales?
Product demos can bring great results, but doing them well can be a challenge. In this fast-paced, interactive demo training seminar, you will learn how to create and deliver a winning demonstration every time.
Upon completion of this class students will learn how to:
- Create a demo so memorable, the audience will be talking about it for days
- Make their demos much more interesting
- Structure their demo for maximum effectiveness
- Deliver demos that win the sale, even against tough competition
- Avoid common demonstrations issues
To learn more about our demo training give us a call: 1-800-421-5824, or send us a message.
To help you with your unique demo challenges we create custom exercises, examples and training material based on your specific products and needs including:
- The Winning Demo Process – A proven, easy to learn and easy to use process for creating great demos.
- The Demo Planning Form – Streamlines the process of gathering pre-demo information.
- The Demo Disaster Checklist – Lists common demo mistakes and how to avoid them.
- The Must Answer Questions List – The most common questions that you will face and knock-out answers for them.
- The Custom Field Coaching Manual – Helps managers to reinforce the material after the training.
- Customized, Real-World Exercises and Role-Plays – Helps students master and retain the material.
To ensure success, we take the time to understand the unique needs of every student and then provide individual coaching to help them to deliver their best demo. All classes are structured to give students ample opportunity to master new skills and to receive invaluable audience feedback.
Who should attend this training seminar?
Sales managers, sales people, sales engineers, and sales teams that sell software, hardware or system level products in the B2B marketplace.
How the process works
It starts with a no obligation discussion of your needs, give us a call: 1-800-421-5824, or send us a message.
Our experts interview you and your team to find out what specific challenges you are facing. We then create a class that is specifically focused on making you more successful. Based on our discussions with you and your team, we create fully customized tools, resources and training that can be delivered at your facility, on-line or in an open class format.
Sample Class Outline: Two day Demo Skills Seminar
TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION SKILLS TRAINING
A fun interactive training session that helps attendees improve product demos.
To show the value of a strong demo and the negative impact of a poor one.
To provide the tools, the knowledge, and the skills needed to craft and deliver relevant, engaging and effective demonstrations of your products.
WORKSHOP AGENDA: Day One
9:00 9:30: Introduction/Objectives
9:30 – 10:45: How NOT to Do a Demo:
In this exercise, I do a disastrous and funny demo of your product. Class members play the role of a prospect. I make all of the typical mistakes that should be avoided.
Class members receive a demo issue checklist and attempt to check off all the errors in the demo.
We follow the demo with an open discussion:
- Analysis of the demo; what went wrong.
- Open Discussion on how can we improve on the demo
-Negative impact of poor demo organization
-Negative impact of improper level of detail for your audience
-Negative impact of feature dumps on the demo
-Negative impact of improper jargon and terminology on the demo
-Negative impact of showing detail, when telling is all that is needed
-Negative impact of a long answer where a simple yes is all that is needed
10:45 11:00: Break
11:00 12:00: Sales/FAE Teamwork
We outline the duties of the FAE and sales person before, during and after the demo to make sure that communication is efficient and effective.
Using the Demo Qualification Form, we discuss the information required to allow the FAE to translate the prospect issues into short effective demo scenarios using input from sales on the prospects needs.
The focus in on the best ways to work together to convey a message that progresses the sale.
Exercise: We customize the Demo Qualification Form to meet our needs.
12:00 1:00: LUNCH
1:00 2:30: Customer Relevant Demos
In this section we cover the process, skills and techniques needed to create relevant and engaging demo segments. (The key is to Know your audience)
We discuss a typical demo request (using the Demo Qualification Form from the previous exercise) and map the specific needs to specific demo scenarios.
We have an open discussion of the questions that must be answered in every successful demo and build a consensus list using the Demo Questions Form.
We end with an exercise where the FAE translates a specific prospect need to a demo scenario and then performs the short demo in class.
2:30 2:45: Break
2:45 3:45: Demo Script Creation Exercise
3:45 4:45: Demo Delivery (Live Demo Practice)
4:45 5:00: Day One Summary With Q and A
WORKSHOP AGENDA: Day Two
9:00 10:00: Questions and Answers: Tips and Techniques
We discuss specific tips on how best to answer audience questions (including hostile questions) and how to probe for addition prospect needs. Topics include:
- Using Q and A to enhance your credibility
- How to verify that you understand the question and the intent
- Confirming with the prospect that their question was answered
- Choosing the proper level of detail for your answers
- Dealing with hostile questions
- Dealing with objections
- Handling competitive questions
10:00 10:45: Q&A Role Play Exercise
10:45- 11:00: Break
11:00 12:00: Establishing Credibility:
In this section we will cover proven methods for establishing credibility with both technical and executive level audience members. Specifically, we cover:
- Establishing credibility with technical audiences
- Establishing credibility with C-Level and executive audiences
Each FAE will perform a role play exercise to practice what they have learned.
12:00 1:00: LUNCH
1:00 2:00: Complex Demos:
In this section we cover the best way to craft and deliver demos for multiple products quickly and efficiently.
The instructor-led discussion will cover the special challenges encountered when crafting and delivering complex demos.
2:00 2:45: Dealing with Demo Issues
In this section we discuss techniques for dealing with the BAD THINGS that can happen in the demo. Topics include:
- Product Crashes and Bugs
- Time Management
- Web Conference issues
- Beta software and new features
- Dealing with hostile or disinterested audiences
2:45 3:00: Break
3:00 4:15: Final Demo Exercise
In this section we allow each FAE to perform a final demo utilizing all that they have learned.
We will review each demo as a group and try to identify as many good techniques as possible, as well as areas for additional focus.
4:15 5:00: Summary, Q&A, Complete Satisfaction Review Forms.